Meet the team here to help you.
Pam Alexander-Schneider, Executive Director:
Supervisor to all staff & volunteers, Ms. Alexander-Schneider writes grants, handles all progress reports for those grants, pays the bills for the office, and manages meetings of the board of directors…the duties which keep the doors open. But the part of her joy she enjoys is helping victims of violence. As a victim advocate, she
- strives to be the one common denominator for victims of violent crime in the criminal justice system.
- works to ensure that all victims are treated with fairness, dignity & compassion by all agencies.
- works with victims and/or family survivors of homicides from shortly after the crime as been committed throughout the criminal justice system.
- she assists with the Texas Crime Victim Compensation Program that relieves the financial stress of funeral expenses for their loved ones, medical expenses, loss of wages, counseling, child care, travel, and crime scene cleaning.
- she arranges and/or attends victim meetings with law enforcement & prosecutors.
“Often, victims and/or family survivors of homicide don’t always remember all that is said in these meeting, I am there to fill in the blanks for them.”
- She keeps them informed of the status of their case and attends any 0r all court hearings with victims as they wish.
“Being beside them in court provides them a sense of safety and answers all questions concerning the proceedings.”
- in court, she warns victims and family members when crime scene and autopsy photos are about to be displayed so that they can leave the courtroom if they wish.
- after trials, she sticks with victims for parole protest which includes setting up phones, conferences with parole board members and commissioners, and traveling to their offices to protest in person with victims or family members.
- she ensures that victims and/or family members are safe if or when the offenders are released on parole.
- On the probation side, she ensures that the victims have a voice in their offender’s probation/conditions.